Welcome to the Internet Business Literacy Project
The world of Internet Marketing is viewed with skepticism as a place where get-rich-quick schemes take advantage of unsuspecting buyers. In reality, many small businesses profit quite well from doing business online, treating their customers with respect and courtesy, and delivering both physical and digital products and services over the Internet.
Our mission is to:
- Shift the perception that Internet Marketing involves only unscrupulous tactics, rather than legitimate, permission-based marketing that is welcomed by online visitors.
- Raise awareness of the global opportunities that the Internet provides for entrepreneurs and small businesses, especially for out-of work individuals with skills and knowledge to share.
- Assist small businesses in refining their marketing messages, products, and services to attract their desired customers.
- Empower website and blog owners to operate their own sites by concentrating on simple, navigable designs that they can maintain themselves.
- Teach fundamental technologies and skills such as HTML, CSS, Internet video, email marketing, and social media marketing to business owners to enhance their online presence.
- Teach best practices based in permission marketing and anti-SPAM compliance, and focus on effective marketing techniques that withstand the test of time.
Our primary sponsor, Tooliedotter Press, provides products and services that address many of these needs, but we welcome the interest and involvement from companies who would like to sponsor future activities.